The role of our LaST (Learning and Support Teacher) is to cater for the full range of students who require learning assistance to help them achieve their potential. The LaST also has a very important role in both working with and developing the expertise of all classroom teachers.
- works as part of the LST (Learning Support Team)
- team teaches in targeted classes
- assists to identify students through analysis of National Literacy test results
- provides teachers with supplementary resource material and professional learning
- organises the Year 7 literacy program run one lesson per week for all Year 7 students
- withdraws students from class for intensive reading/writing and assistance in scaffolding and completing assessment tasks
- helps test Year 6 students prior to entry to Year 7
- makes parental contact
- supports students who self refer
- organises parent tutor volunteers to work with individual students in reading.