Debating is one of the many areas of the extra-curricular life at Sylvania High School that allows our students the opportunity to improve their communication skills in this academic pursuit.
Students from years 7 – 12 have the opportunity to be involved in the various competitions that run from terms 1 – 4. Each year we have good success with our teams who more than match it with our surrounding schools often qualifying for competition rounds out of our area. Each team is supported by a staff member and we have four or five that are involved in the development of our teams.
Sylvania High School enters the following competitions:
- The Premier’s Debating Challenge
- Sutherland Schools Public Speaking Competition
- Rotary Debating Competition
- Commonwealth Bank Junior Debating Competition
- Sutherland Debating Competition