17 Bellingara Rd, Sylvania, NSW, 2224
Dance Companies and Ensembles are comprised of students from years 7 to year 12 who are interested in broadening their skillset as a dancer. It allows students to build confidence, have performance experiences, and make new friends and valuable technique/performance quality skills and mainly to have fun.
Sylvania High School co-curricular dance program aims to –
– Extend students skill set in dance
– Engage students learning in a fun and encouraging way
– Provide opportunities for performance in dance both within the school and wider community
– Apply the syllabus in the development of dance works that reflect the outcomes of the NSW 7-12 Dance Syllabus
– Develop a willingness to aim for excellence in dance performance and choreography
To be a part of a Dance Company or Ensemble you need to attend the SHS audition held during Term 1. If you are unable to make it please come to the dance studio to express your interest in joining.
Cost – $150 per year this fee contributes to props, festival fees, external tutors etc.